A friend of mine emailed me asking for some philosophical thoughts now that I'm a mama. I didn't think I'd be able to come up with anything, but here are a few that came to mind pretty quickly:
- Love fiercely and with passion
- Be certain of that love so that you can do the above
- Be present with the people in your life who are most important. There's nothing more special than quality time with them.
- Patience and tolerance makes life way more bearable
- Don't be too precious. Poop and spit-up (both literal and figurative) happen and it's ok.
- Be selfless. Get your priorities straight. Letting the baby have a nap is more important than going to the mall for no good reason.
- Take walks in the sunshine for pleasure. Not to get skinny or arrive at a destination.
Not bad... And that's after only 3.5 months! Can't wait to see what else this little lady has to teach me.