19 September 2014

thoughts on motherhood: week 11

You know all those things you read about how there is nothing better than being a mom, no love quite like that a mother has for her child, no way you could comprehend that love until you feel it, and really no words that can quite describe it? Well, they are all true. There is nothing better I have experienced so far in this life than holding my baby girl in my arms. It feels like all the most beautiful forevers wrapped into a bundle of love and blown up as big as the moon and stars and sea. It is magic and sunlight. It is more than I ever could have dreamed.

Little Harper Olivia, my wish for you is that you know how much I love you and that, no matter how many mistakes your mama makes (or you make!) you know that my love for you is as unconditional as the air we breathe, and will continue forever and ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment