06 February 2014

family visit.

After two glorious weeks together, my family returned to the snowy North this past Sunday. Honestly, it never gets easier to say goodbye. And I can tell you that pregnancy hormones do NOT make it any easier either. Sheesh! Lots of tears at the Cape Town International Airport. But nevertheless, their time here was really wonderful and so full of fun adventuring and lots of lovely beach-ing. The first few days were spent at Mabalingwe Game Reserve in Limpopo (photos coming soon!) followed by ten days in our favourite city of them all - Cape Town. I love playing tourist in this city. There is so much to do and see and so much beauty to take in. And thanks to the 2nd trimester I actually had the energy & appetite to do it all! Speaking of appetite, some of my favourite dining experiences this time 'round included The Pot Luck Club (oh my goodness, it's delicious!), The Black Sheep, Babel (as always!), and Harbour House in Kalk Bay (does not disappoint). Oh, and we had some lovely breakfasts at Haas and Superette, two of my favourite places that I rarely get to go to in my normal life!

Check out some photos from their trip below... seriously beautiful, guys! Lucky us.




Bo Kaap. 



Llandudno & Noordhoek. The best. 



Design Afrika baskets & Art in the Forest ceramics. 



Views of Constantia & Camps Bay. 










... And Babylonstoren. The prettiest farm of them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment