14 December 2011

geez, louise


If my math skills serve me correctly, Louise will have just landed at the Washington Dulles airport after a long (read: 20+ hours) trip home from Cape Town. What a very strange thing to have her gone. Louise was the first person I met when I arrived at the SDI offices back in July. In fact, she was probably one of the first new people I met upon my arrival back in Cape Town. It was not long before I came to understand that there are a few things which are particularly close to this SA-Brit-American gal's heart: 1) humor, 2) strong, amazing women, 3) justice, 4) sushi, Thai food, Chai tea and coffee and 5) her family, and Cam. Unfortunately, she could not find ALL of these things here in Cape Town, and chose to move back to the good ol' USA in order to be within arm's reach of #5 on the list.

In any case, I am so glad that Louise chose to stick around for as long as she did. We became fast friends, and I am going to miss her smiling face every day! Not to mention having a really good excuse for ducking out of the office for coffee and lunch dates. It's amazing how, with some people, you just click. And then, after 6 relatively short months, you feel like you've known each other for years, and it suddenly becomes clear that if you're lucky enough, you can find new friends - real, heart-and-soul friends - where you least expect them. And that you can hold on to them for life.

xoxox from Cape Town, Louise! We miss you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment