leaving

There is a sadness in me. I suppose that is only natural. To grieve a loss. It is the process of death and rebirth. And that is full of excitement, pain, sadness and love. I will miss these streets of New York. The warm summer nights walking along slate sidewalks of Brooklyn. The sun setting over Central Park at 76th Street. I will even miss winter, the cold dark of it, the quiet cold of snow. But most of all I will miss the memory of finding myself here. New York has given me back to myself, back to my family, to life. I have found a Spirit while here that I had only dreamed of before, longed for, and thought impossible to find. Today I sit in quiet gratitude, surrounded by love, and at peace with myself. I have learned integrity and self-sacrifice. I have learned what is at my core.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

to struggle gives strength.

welcome harper olivia: the birth

Thoughts on Motherhood