25 February 2011

wow!

Despite my having arrived home this past Monday, Andrew is still lounging in the African sun for a few more days. Just a day or so before my departure, he and I stopped into Wildfire Tattoos on Long St. to make an appointment for his latest tattoo (he has quite a few beautifully crafted ones already adorning his lovely frame.) He met with the artist yesterday and sat for three+ hours to have the piece done. It turned out beautifully! I was so impressed when he sent me the photo this morning. The design is kudu horns (an antelope native to South Africa) framing a protea flower, South Africa's national flower. I have to say, it looks worth the allegedly excruciating pain to me! (I shouldn't talk. I could barely sit still when I had a 2-inch feather tattooed on my wrist!)


Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment